The Kandlerhof in St. Magdalena
That special kind of vineyard …
This beautiful wine farm and estate is located in the municipality of Bozen in the Italian wine-growing region South Tyrol (region Trentino-Südtirol).
The vineyard area covers an acreage of two hectares where the vines are trained to grow on the pergola. Our main variety is Vernatsch. From this traditional grape variety we produce 3 wines at once. One rosé and two different St. Magdalener. Other red wine varieties are Lagrein and Merlot. As white wine we have a Sauvignon in our offer.
Our treasures …
In Kandlerhof veritas …
This farmhouse, steeped in tradition …
Martin Spornberger, wife Irene and their son Hannes are currently running the farm. This estate has remained the Spornberger family’s estate for 200 years now, hence it was endowed with the title of “Erbhof” – “Ancestral Estate”, by the province of South Tyrol.
A good bottle of wine …
Well, then come join us for a wine tasting in our historical arched cellar.
Holiday & Accommodation
Relax and unwind at the Wine Farm
Are you looking for some peace and quiet? Then you are in the right spot here with us.
We make a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday experience possible.
The journey through time
Today and yesterday …
- Varietal: Schiava + approx. 5% Lagrein
- Growing area: In midst of the wine-growing area of St. Magdalena on its typical sandy porphyry soils
- Harvest: End of September/beginning of October
- Vinification: Fermentation and maturation at steel barrel, with maceration period of 10-14 days
- Serving temperature: 12-16 °C
- Food matching: Cold appetizers, Speck ham, cheese, meat (roast beef, rabbit, lamb) and fish dishes
- Alcohol: 13,0 %vol*
- Acidity: 4,5 g/l*
- Residual sugar: 2,0 g/l*
* Depending on the year, the analytical values may vary slightly
We kindly ask you to send us your enquiry by phone, enquiry form on the website or e-mail. We sell our wines directly at the farm (please make an appointment).
How to find us
Leaving Bozen’s old town or the highway exit Bozen Nord continue for approximately 3 kilometers towards Rentsch/St. Magdalena. Our farmhouse is located in the small village of St. Magdalena, right at the village square in midst of the vineyard.