Relax and unwind at the Wine Farm …
Are you looking for some peace and quiet? Then you are in the right spot here with us. We make a relaxing yet unforgettable holiday experience possible.
The Kandlerhof is a family-run wine farm in midst of one of the most beautiful and scenic wine villages in South Tyrol- St. Magdalena in Bozen. This small village is bound to entice you with its abounding charm. Our farm estate offers rooms, boasts a wonderful terrace and a historical cellar for an unforgettable experience.
We have six double rooms with balconies. Three of them have a view of the city and the other three of the Rosengarten and the Dolomites.
- In the morning, we pamper our guests with a hearty and tasty breakfast buffet.
- Facilities: Wi-Fi, shower, hair drier, WC, safe und TV.
- Check-out is by 10 am on departure day.
- Our rooms are available from April to November every year.
- We also have parking for cars and motorbikes.
- Rates depend on duration of stay.
- The rates for bed-and-breakfast range from 40-50 Euros per person and night.
Every Sunday the lady of the house, Irene, prepares delicious home-made cakes for our guests to indulge in. Just don’t think twice about feeding your sweet tooth because the motto here is first come, first served!
In the evenings, you may order a farmer’s snack, a “Marende”, and enjoy it in one of the historical “Stuben” (lounges) of the history-steeped cellar. Of course, you shouldn’t miss out on an in-house wine to go along with it. We also have a beautiful and comfy terrace that you are more than welcome to use.
- Take a walk along the renowned Oswald Promenade that leads from St. Peter at the Talfer river to St. Magdalena, and take in the beautiful flora and fauna of the surrounding porphyry hills.
- In the woods along the Hörtenberg/Ritten, off of beaten paths, you will experience the South Tyrolean highlands and you can visit one of the most unique spots of the area, the Earth Pyramids.
- St.Magdalena Kirchtag Festival: On July 22 every year, St. Magdalena hosts its traditional Kirchtag-festival where people gather to celebrate, laugh, taste wine, and enjoy traditional foods.
- The ancient roman village chapel is opened to the public three times a week (Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 4pm-6pm). It’s worth a visit, a promising experience packed with interesting facts. Following the St. Prokulus church in Naturns, this chapel dons one of the oldest cycles of frescoes within the German-speaking area.
Farm Holidays in South Tyrol (Red Rooster)
Book a room
We kindly ask you to make an inquiry via the form on the website (see below), but we are also happy to answer your questions via phone or email.
We kindly ask you to send us your enquiry by phone, enquiry form on the website or e-mail. We sell our wines directly at the farm (please make an appointment).
How to find us
Leaving Bozen’s old town or the highway exit Bozen Nord continue for approximately 3 kilometers towards Rentsch/St. Magdalena. Our farmhouse is located in the small village of St. Magdalena, right at the village square in midst of the vineyard.